.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of the Forever-12-Year-Old

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Ah~~ Japanese Dorama~~~

Remember years ago when Japanese TV Drama was very popular?

Everybody was crazy for them, and most people can name one or two favorites. We rented or borrowed them from each other, then burnt the midnight oil watching them because once we started, we can't stop? Aahhhhh~~~ The Good Old Times~~~~~~ (*nostalgic* ~.~)


Well, that time has been long gone..... Or so it seemed.

Nowadays, people are going crazy for the Korean dramas, and it seems that Japanese Dorama has been going down-slope for a while. Strangely, for me personally, Korean dramas just don't hold so much interest that I would start watching one and can't stop... However, it has also been a long while since I went crazy about a Japanese drama. You may think it is an age thing (of course, that's because you are denying the fact that I am "The-Forever- 12-Year-Old"! XD) or a phase thing... I, however, think it's just a matter of 天時、地利、人和.

What I mean is, I love Japanese dramas, and I don't think my fondness of them will decrease for my whole life, even though there may be periods of time when I don't really watch them that much or can't find especially memorable ones, but the good ones that I've watched before will always hold a fixed place. I suppose all of my beloved genres (電影、美國電視影集、日劇、小說、漫畫、動畫、電動....) work the same way. It seems that because of these varied interests, I go through phases of concentrating on one or two of them each time. But after a while, I would usually go back to others in turn.

I still keep my eye out for anything that interests me, but it's been a while since I last found myself intensely engrossed in a Japanese drama like before. Recently, though, it seems that that old feeling has suddenly come back for me. And the trigger is the discovery of a drama called "H2."

I found out that one of my long-time favorite Manga's by Mitsuru Adashi (安達充), has been adapted to Japanese Drama. So, after some searching, I was able to obtain and watch it recently. Like many other Japanese dramas that I got in recent years, I watched the first episode with reserved anticipation, and expecting that I won't feel like going on watching the whole thing. This sense of reservation is even stronger because this drama is based on a long-time favorite story, and I had seen how horrible these film/drama adaptations can be. ~"~

To my extreme surprise, the results was excitment and complete satisfaction!
Once again, it all came back to me: that sense of being absorbed into the world of the drama, the life and concerns of the main characters, the sense of loss when I finally finish it, the music or certain scenes going around in my head for days afterwards...

What can I say?! I am still young-at-heart, after all! Mwah~ XD

(Please go to ~娃娃遊戲日誌~ to read more rambling on "H2" itself! ^-^~)

6 Comments:

  • u write so much..i was gonna read it while i am waiting for someone...hum..i guess i'll read it later!!! good day !

    By Blogger flyingufooo, at Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:45:00 PM  

  • eh-doo... Yeah, I guess.. compared to your cutting and pasting... I think I do write a lot... But mostly I just ramble on... >\\\\\\<

    Actually Blogger has been having some problem lately, neh... Earlier I was not able to get into this page... then when I tried to get in from the Blogger main page, Firefox just shut down on me... ~"~

    P.S. You have read H2 manga, right? Well, if you have time to spare and would like to watch the Dorama, just let me know, neh... ^^~

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:02:00 PM  

  • Dorama? are u trying to be Japansese?
    anyway, bout your beloved genres (電影、美國電視影集、日劇、小說、漫畫、動畫、電動.. u know what i really think u should put up something ..and somehow connecting them to work- that way, u dont have to complain about ur works, and at the same time enjoying what you love to do!.. it wont be like work since u love them, it'll be like having fun but also able to feed urself! hehe...have a good weekend

    By Blogger flyingufooo, at Friday, September 23, 2005 1:23:00 PM  

  • Yeah.. I know.. You've mentioned that before, neh... But I don't know how good I am about these things... They are interests, but I'm not one of those people who seriously studies all of the genres and are so knowledgeable about the whole genre, history and stuff... I just pick out ones I like and rant and rave about them...

    In this regard, I have to admit that I am very, very "Gemini" like... (have interests in almost everything, but never become an expert in any field.. ><)

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Friday, September 23, 2005 2:27:00 PM  

  • Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    you know, I still like dorama more than Korean soap
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    I noticed the recent doramas like to be "informational"
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    like there's one called, "The Beginners"
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    oh?
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    story about law students, so each episode is about students discussing a case
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    never heard of it, neh.. XD
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    and they will go through all the laws
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    oh.. I think I have..
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    very interesting
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    mm-hmm...
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    those are more interesting than the un-informational ones.. haha
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    and an new one with 阿部寬
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    called, Dragon Sakura
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    me, too.. I don't know why, but K Dramas just don't get me hyped up.. ~..~
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    about teaching a 東大特訓班
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    I have also heard of that one.. but have no idea what it's about.. @@
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    so lots of tips on how to learn easier and taking exams
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    Have you watched H2 and Water Boys?
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    maybe you should see that one since you are taking GRE soon?
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    cool.. haha
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    no H2 and Water Boys
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    oh... one line I love from Dragon Sakura
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    nah, I took it couple of years ago, not really thinking about taking it again... ~"~
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    If you get a chance, you must watch them, lah~~
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    Have you seen 在世界的中心呼喊愛情, then?
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    the main guy says, he wants to make idiots go to Tokyo U to prove that Tokyo U is really not that special
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    the only reason people can't get it is because they haven't really work as hard as they should
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    XD
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    I saw 在世界的中心呼喊愛情, but stopped in the midst cuz it's another sappy, tear-driving love story
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    it's for teenagers who can't control their tears
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    Well, that is true, though.. it's mostly about how hard you work.. ~"~
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    old school for me
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    haa...
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    another dorama I LOVE is Divorce Lawyers (1 &2)
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    The actress is great
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    well, I downloaded it, but still haven't been able to bring up the courage to watch... cause I knew I am probably going to have red eyes from it for a week.. = =
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    oh?
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    Hey, are you going to see that Jap movie, 狗狗心情
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    I have heard of that one.. but because I didn't know her, so didn't download it.
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    nah.. is it good?
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    Divorce Lawyer is awesome
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    I watched "Shinobi" yesterday. @@
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    Any strong women like you and me would enjoy it
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    haha
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    OK, I'll download it next time I have any space cleared up in my HD.. XD
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    I find myself like her in some ways
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    strong headed yet innocent
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    Ha Ha Ha
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    I also watched Densha Otoko... it was pretty good, oh~
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    ha ha..
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    so have you seen 狗狗心情?
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    that's cool, and that's a really good description of the kind of women we dream of being, neh.. XD
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    nah.. @@
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    is 狗狗心情 good?
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    It looks one another sappy puppy storires.. -.-
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    狗狗心情 is a compilation of 11 dog stories
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    I don't know if it's good
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    anyway... only a dog owner can appreciate it
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    any dog movie, sappy or not, can bring tears to my eyes
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    ha ha ha.. that's true. XD
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    I believe that!
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    as for movies with lots of dead people, they don't bother me at all!
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    ha ha
    Annie 《嘿嘿 TAXI》 says:
    I am desensitized to dead people
    [娃]:半年升一級... XD says:
    XD

    By Blogger di-dar, at Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:29:00 PM  

  • Mwah-ha-ha~~ That is the loooooongest comment in the history of Canglelight blogging! XD

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Tuesday, October 11, 2005 12:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits
see web stats