.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of the Forever-12-Year-Old

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Summer Cravings! XP~

Ok... So, now that I am over my bad Monday Blues... I will go back to what enhanced it -- the fulfillment of my Summer Cravings over the weekend! (If you do not understand what I am talking about, scroll down to read the previous post and all the comments! ^^")

Speaking of summer cravings...
I am sure one of the first things that pops out of everybody's mind is -- 剉冰!
Yep, I had a serious case of craving for 剉冰 (shaved ice) over the last several weeks, but they are not just for any kind of shaved ice, there were two types of shaved ice that I was specifically craving for: 綿綿卡布奇諾 and 鴉片粉圓! Of course, I also crave for our Candlelighters' Shaved Ice Fundraising Event, but that was more a craving for the fellowship activity... hee hee...

Now, lemme introduce these two types of 剉冰 to you:

1. 綿綿卡布奇諾冰 -- LINK
Actually, the first time I had this, was last spring when Soap and Ken came back to Taiwan for their Wedding Banquet. Soap was the one who found recommendations of this shaved ice store on the web and insisted on trying it when they came to Taipei to visit after the Banquet... Instead of the usual chunky and crunchy shaved ice, 綿綿冰 is made by shaving frozen milk very finely, so just the shaved ice itself has a mild and creamy flavor. Even more unique is the 綿綿卡布奇諾, which is made by very finely shaving a large cube of frozen cappuccino ice. The cool thing is that just the shaved ice itself, without any extra flavoring, has a very clear coffee flavor! I fell in love with it that first time I tried and have always tried to have a plate of 綿綿卡布奇諾 whenever I go to 士林夜市... It is even greater because this really cool and unique shave ice is only NT$50! XP~

2. 鴉片粉圓冰 -- LINK
鴉片粉圓冰 is pretty famous in Taiwan... Its name came from the fact that it is very simple yet very addictive: once you try it, you will get hooked on it... (OK, OK, maybe not every person will be affected, lah, but at least I was... XD) It has been so successful that they have opened dozens of chain stores since thirty-some years ago and have even branched out and registered/patented their specific type of 粉圓 in other countries! 鴉片粉圓 is a little lighter in color and smaller in size than the usual 粉圓, and maybe because the type of sugar they use to cook it, it has a very fragrant sweet flavor that makes it special. I first had it when I started going to Grace Baptist Church (懷恩堂) with Carina, which is located near 公館. We would usually find something to eat around the area after the English Morning Service, and since there is one 鴉片粉圓 store in that area, we tried it out and have been going whenever we are in the mood since... It also has 地瓜圓, 芋頭圓, 紅豆, and 酸梅 flavors, and they are all very good, too, however I always have the same 鴉片粉圓... Most of their shaved ice costs NT$40 a bowl.

Now that I have described these great shaved ice, have you started drooling yet? Well, make sure you get a chance to try it out some time, lor... XD

P.S. Let me know if you know of any other good eats in Taipei, bah~~ You all know how I love all kinds of food... >w<

4 Comments:

  • sushi me didn't find 綿綿卡布奇諾冰 on the web. i have been to the store several times during the times i have gone back to taiwan for summer vacation :D but in general all the 綿綿冰 are good.

    By Blogger sophia, at Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:59:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:36:00 AM  

  • Oh... I must have remembered it that way because you showed me the website and I just assumed that you found it on the web... XD Well, then how did you first heard of 仙人掌冰店, neh? @.@?

    I think some people still prefer the normal kind of 剉冰 instead of 綿綿冰 because it relieves thirst more... But, anyways, anything that tastes good and also cools you down during the summer is good for me! XD

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:20:00 AM  

  • Oh, BTW, just in case you are wondering what that second comment that I had deleted was about...
    It was a "spam" comment... saying that they figured out from my posts that I must be interested in some degrees they are offering and asking me to call them at a certain number... XD

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits
see web stats