.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of the Forever-12-Year-Old

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

長島冰茶 & 我的灰色天空

Edit: Because the author, 2分之1的愛戀 (her screen name), has been updating / reformatting her website, today I found that her Ragnarok Online novels, namely, the 長島冰茶系列作, are no longer on her page. Very sadly, according to her message on the message board, she has taken them all off and will no longer continue to write the unfinished sequels. That's a great lost to all of us readers who have been waiting to see what happens to 長島冰茶 and 天使的故事 (<-- the two main characters of the story) at the end, however, if she really has lost the passion to go on writing this series, I guess it is a relief for her to give it up and I respect that.

On the other hand, very fortunately, we can still read the 長島冰茶系列 on other sites which have posted her stories. Please go to the "文章總集" area of my friend's site, *雅築*. My online friend, Tiya, has put the
長島冰茶系列 (including the finished main story and two unfinished 番外篇) on there (this is where I first read this author ^^). Unfortunately, Tiya did not add her RO short stories on her page... so... I'll have to ask her to find them and add them! XD

Tiya also has some other stories by other writers that are pretty good, so you can check all of them out! ^________^


============================
Last time I put only a short intro on this writer of online novels in my LINKS post. This time, I will feature on her. Although I can't really do a good job of analyzing or writing reviews of her novels, but I just want to bring it to you-all's attention... I really want to share her novels with you guys! >\\\\\\\\<


If you have not linked to her "Fable櫻色寓言" page from my links area and checked out her novels, now is the time to do so, neh!! \^Q^/

Her screen name is "2分之1的愛戀" and her novels are devided into two groups, one is categorized as "Ragnarok Online." "Ragnarok Online"(RO) is a pretty popular Online Role Playing Game (Korean made, with Chinese name "仙境傳說"; 巴哈姆特Intro, Official Website), and these are stories that are set in this game or, more specifically, in the lives of people who play this game. (In fact, a lot of the online novels nowadays are written with the online-gaming theme (including my other feature "1/2王子"), because I guess it is so very intriguing to explore the possibilities of "becoming somebody else" that may happen in real life--by playing an online game.) However, you don't need to have any knowledge about this game in order to read and enjoy these stories, her stories emphasize very heavily on characters and story lines.

Her most famous "RO" work is 長島冰茶. It is a long story with 40 episodes, and the characters are well built and complicated. The writing style is fairly sophisticated but fast-paced. However, it seems that it ended pretty suddenly and people have been left wanting more. Therefore, she started writing sequels to 長島冰茶, resulting in a series which everybody is still waiting to be finished. Last time I heard, it seems that she plans to finish "樁色童話" first, then go on with "長島冰茶續篇--五月雨" because it is the prequel to these stories.

The other category of her novels is the "General" novels. These are stories not related to online games or RO. The main novel in this category is "我的灰色天空." I had just finished reading it (or what there is of it) today, and it's what inspired me to post this sharing. It is only 18 chapters into the story, but you can already see the interesting characters--realistic and likable. What interests me more is the numbers of possible directions that the story (or, should I say, romance / relationship) may go into. Your mind just wonders what's going to happen next, and can't wait to see the next development!

Of course, not to be missed are her short stories, which are written with as much skill and imagination as her long ones. Furthermore, she also draws pictures pretty well, so don't forget to also check out the gallery when you visit her site!

I will end here and leave you to reading, lor~ But don't forget to come back with comments, neh... If you feel like it, you can also leave comments for 2分之1的愛戀 on her message board. (Maybe I should try to leave a message to her to at least inform her that I am linking to her page, huh? @@")


5 Comments:

  • 完全看不懂 =.=

    By Blogger sophia, at Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:32:00 AM  

  • =.= Just go ahead and read the novels firsl, lah... That's the main point: to share these good online novels...

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:56:00 AM  

  • I just read the post for the Nth time (I always re-read/revise my posts several times...), and I don't understand why you can't understand, neh... =.=

    Can you elaborate on which part you don't understand? Are my sentences to long? @.@||| (You have to jump over the parts in parantheses to see the complete sentences... XD)

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Wednesday, June 29, 2005 9:01:00 AM  

  • COOL! I'll be looking forward to hear your comments, lor, maxgle! ^^~

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Wednesday, June 29, 2005 3:31:00 PM  

  • urgh.. I'm not looking to find someone there, lah.. that's too unrealistic, neh.. I have made many friends in the game, though, most of them are cute 底迪 and 美眉... XD

    If you are interested, you can try out this really cool new game called "Mabinogi"... Or, of course, you can also try out "Seal Online"... XD

    But Seal has already started charging money, so the most you can get is a 7-day free trail period. Mabinogi started Open Bata about mid June and is still free now. I have just started playing recently and find it really fun and different from other games. The characters actually grow from a kid to an adult! And the main focus is not on the level but on the player's skill. Also, there are many "production" skills that it is not necessary to "練功" in order to earn money or have a good time in there. Best of all, is that the style is very, very cute!! Check out the pictures and clips on their website!

    http://www.mabinogi.com.tw

    By Blogger Cutie Sushi, at Thursday, July 14, 2005 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits
see web stats