.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of the Forever-12-Year-Old

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rambling 050615

I guess I'm not such a good blogger...
Never got into the habit of keeping a diary, either....
Every once in a while, I would see and buy pretty notebooks intending to jot down my everyday experiences and thoughts... I always thought it would be really interesting to go back and read them after a while...
But up to now, these notebooks each contains no more than one or two passages of rambling before it is thrown on the shelf/floor/desk to collect dust. ha ha... So... I guess I'm just too lazy... XD

Typing, on the other hand, is faster, and I won't have to endure my ugly handwriting... Plus, now that I am so far away from a lot of good friends and family, it's a good idea to keep in touch with people online through blogging. Thus, the birth of this page...

However, it seems that I still have difficulties to "really write" stuff about what's going on in my life and my thoughts about them... Most of the time there are things I want to share, but I find that I just ramble on and have trouble making my point... There have been a couple of passages that I started writing, got stuck, and just left it there as a draft.... I guess it's just not me to write something really profound and stylish, but neither do I intend to hassle people with the mundane details of my daily activities. Other times when I tried to put down some random thoughts... they didn't seem to get the effect I was looking for or didn't seem interesting enough to have people respond to them...

I guess that's how this blog ended up as mostly a selection of the forwarded e-mail sharings that I receive from my colleagues.

But, the main point I'm trying to make here, is that, even though I didn't write these things myself, and sometimes they seem long and boring... The reason I put them here, is because they do reflect what I am experiencing and thinking about at the moment. For example, the work environment issues... this is a major lesson I am learning at my current company... It is an eye-openning experience of the mind-sets, short-sightedness, and selfishness of Taiwanese company owners. Because of my limited working experience, I really do wonder if other Taiwanese companies are all like this, or if any western companies think and act the same way... It would be great if people who read these articles/ironic jokes/ramblings can give some input on their experiences.... But, I guess people would rather write them on their own blogs, huh?

Anyways, this passage has officially turned into one of my long, boring, pointless rambling... So, this is where I end.

(You probably don't believe it, but I seriously intended for this post to be very short and last only about one paragraph... ~"~ Oh, well.... )

2 Comments:

  • just jot down little thoughts or quick notes to let us know how u r doing!

    don't worry!!!!! no need to blog super... quantity and quality... always quality!!

    By Blogger sophia, at Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:03:00 PM  

  • working the in the States doesn't require long hours like those 12 hours of work in Taiwan. However, I still feel that we don't get enough time to do things that we like on weekdays. The only free time to do fun stuff is on weekends. But then again, weekends are mostly booked by church events.

    By Blogger kenny, at Tuesday, June 21, 2005 3:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits
see web stats