.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Ramblings of the Forever-12-Year-Old

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day!

Ok... So, it's Monday July 4, 2005.... in Taiwan, we have to work on the Independence Day of the United States.. (duh! XD) But, just for the occasion, this is the first thing I thought of putting up here when I realized that today is July 4th.... XD

================================
Good morning... Good Morning!
In less than an hour, aircrafts from here will join others from around the world, and we will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind.

Mankind, that world should have new meaning for all of us today.
We cannot be consumed by our petty differences anymore.
we will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and we will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live, to exist!

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice,
"we will not go quietly into the night, we will not vanish without a fight!"
We're going to live on, we're going to survive!
Today, we celebrate our independence day!
=================================

Recognized the above? hee hee... Ok, I know, I know.... Sophia is gonna give me the "=.=" expression again.... But, hey, so what? I like the movie and I like the speech so much that I had it memorized, it's fun to review it once in a while... hee hee... maybe tonight I will get my DVD out and review the movie again... XD (Ok, that's 120% the old spinster speaking... someone, help me, get her out of my brain!!~)

PS. Click on the title of this post for other memorable quotes from ID4. 'Cummon~ I know at least some of these can still make you laugh! XD

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 


hits
see web stats